How to block SBI ATM Card? Know 6 Ways to Block ATM Card/ Debit Card of State Bank of India
How to block SBI ATM Card: Hello dear, you have a State Bank of India (SBI) Debit Card and your ATM Card has lost, then immediately you should block or deactivate your ATM card first, so that no one can use your debit card to withdraw money from your account.
Now You should also check if there has been any transaction in your account via your SBI ATM Card after losing. Ensure that you have either blocked your ARM Card or deactivated it to make sure no fraud transactions happened through your debit card. If you don’t know how to block your SBI Debit Card or deactivate it, follow the steps mentioned below.
6 Ways to Block Your SBI ATM Card
- Block SBI ATM Card by Calling Toll-free Number
- Block SBI ATM Card Using Account Number via Toll-Free Number
- Block SBI ATM Card Using Last Five Digits of ATM Card via Toll-Free Number
- Block SBI ATM Card Card by SMS
- Block SBI ATM Card Card Using YONO App
- Block SBI ATM Card Using onlinesbi.com (Netbanking)
Method 1: How to Block SBI ATM Card by Calling Toll-free Number?
If you want to block your SBI ATM Card very quickly, you can call SBI customer care block your ATM Card. You can call the SBI customer service on these SBI Toll free numbers: 1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800. Make sure to call these helpline numbers by your SBI Bank registered mobile numbers only. Once your call is connected, the SBI customer support team will guide you through the process so that you can block your atm card easily. You will be asked the some questions and details to confirm your identity. Once identified, follow the all instructions what they tell you.
Method 2: How to Block SBI ATM Debit Card Using Account Number via Toll-Free Number?
If you don’t remember SBI ATM card details, you can use your SBI Account number to block your ATM card. SBI account number is mentioned on the passbook provided by the bank. You have to call on either of these numbers: 1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile numbers. Once the call is connected, press 0 or ‘Card blocking’. Press 2 and enter the account number of your SBI card. Now, press 1 to confirm. That’s it, your card has been successfully blocked.
Method 3: How to Block SBI ATM Card Using Last Five Digits of ATM Card via Toll-Free Number?
You can block your ATM Card even if you have the last five digits of your SBI ATM card. You need to call on these toll free numbers: 1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800 from your SBI registered mobile numbers. Follow the steps given below to block your ATM card:
- Dial 1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800 through your registered mobile number
- Once the call is connected, press 0 or ‘Card blocking’
- Press 1 and enter the last five digits of your SBI debit card number.
- Press 1 to confirm.
- After confirm, you need to press 2 to re-enter the last five digits of your sbi atm card number to be blocked.
- Thus you atm card has been successfully blocked.
Method 4: How to Block SBI ATM Debit Card by SMS?
You can also block your SBI ATM Debit Card by sending a text SMS to the bank. Just follow this simple steps:
- Open the Messaging app in your mobile
- Go to create text message BLOCK XXXX and send it on this number 567676 (Here XXXX means the last 4 digits of your ATM Card
- Now State Bank of India will send a confirmation SMS to you once they receive your message, the SMS alert will contain the ticket number, date and time of blocking. You can check the updates on SBI official website with your ticket number.
Please note that you can be charged by your mobile service provider for sending the SMS for blocking ATM Card
Method 5: How to Block SBI ATM Card Using YONO App?
State bank of India has its own official Banking App called YONO (You Only Need One). This app provides you a lot of options to surf track a lot of things in your SBI account. If you want to block your ATM card through YONO app, then follow the given steps, make sure you must have registered in SBI YONO App with your registered mobile number and also SIM card should inserted in the mobile.
- Open the YONO App in your Mobile
- Login to YONO app with your Username and Password or MPIN
- Tap on “Service Request” (available in the Quick Links section at the bottom of the app) > “ATM/Debit Card” > “Enter Internet Banking Profile Password” > “Block Card“
- Select the Account from the drop down menu and then choose the card to block
- Then choose how do you want to block block your card – permanently or temporarily.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number. You need to enter the OTP and submit it.
- Thus your State Bank of India ATM Card will be blocked.
Method 6: How to Block SBI ATM Card Using onlinesbi.com (Netbanking)?
You can also block your SBI ATM card online through your sbi netbanking login details. Follow the steps mentioned below to block your SBI Card through onlinesbi.com:
- Log in to www.onlinesbi.com with your username and password.
- Select “ATM Card Services>Block ATM Card” link under the “e-Services” tab.
- Select the account to which your Debit Card is linked.
- It will display all the active and blocked cards. You will be shown the first 4 and last 4 digits of the card(s).
- Select the card you want to block along with the reason for blocking the card from the drop-down menu and remarks. Click on “Submit“. You need to verify the details before confirming.
- Once a card is blocked, you cannot unblock it through the Internet banking facility.
- Select the mode of authentication, i.e., OTP via SMS or profile password.
- Enter the OTP/profile password and click on “Confirm”.
- A message will be displayed with a ticket number after the successful blocking of your card. Note this ticket number for future reference. You can check the status of your complaint through this ticket number.