PRAGATI Scholarship For Girl Students: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) invites online applications for PRAGATI Scholarship for Girl students of UG (Undergraduate) and Diploma . Interested and eligible Girl students can apply online at the official portal of NSP i.e. scholarships.gov.in. Details information related of Pragati Scholarship is given below, after reading this article you can easily apply online.
The AICTE’s Pragati Scholarship program has a primary objective to offer support to young women who are pursuing technical education, facilitating their empowerment through knowledge, skills, and self-confidence. Education stands as a crucial tool in enabling women to engage actively in the developmental journey. This initiative is a dedicated effort to provide aspiring women with the chance to advance their education and prepare for a prosperous future, all under the banner of “Empowering Women through Technical Education.“
Table of Contents
PRAGATI Scholarship 2023-24 For Girl Students: Overview
|Scholarship Name||PRAGATI Scholarship Scheme|
|Scheme Implemented By||AICTE|
|Eligibility||Pursuing Technical Education|
Undergraduate & Diploma Courses
|Scholarship For||Girl Students Only|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 50,000/- Per Annum|
|Application Last Date||31 December 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for Pragati Scholarship
For Undergraduate (UG)
- Students may got admission to either the first year or the second year of a degree-level course through lateral entry at any of the AICTE-approved institutions for the respective year.
- Maximum two girl child per family are eligible.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 Lakh Per Annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government need to be enclosed.
For Diploma Students
- The girl candidate should be admitted to First year of Diploma level course OR Second year of Diploma level course through lateral entry in any of the AICTE approved Institution of respective year.
- Maximum two girls child per family are eligible.
- Family income from all sources should not be more than Rs. 8 Lakh Per Annum during the current financial year. A valid income certificate issued by State/ UT Government need to be enclosed
- Pragati Scholarship Amount for Diploma: Rs. 50,000/- per annum for every year of study i.e. maximum 3 years for first year admitted students and maximum 2 years for second year admitted students through lateral entry as lump sum amount towards payment of college fee, purchase of computer, stationeries, books, equipments, softwares etc. No other additional grant will be payable in lieu of hostel charges and medical charges etc.
- Pragati Scholarship Amount for Undergraduate (UG): The sum of Rs. 50,000 per annum is allocated for each year of study, with a maximum of 4 years for first-year admitted students and 3 years for second-year admitted students via lateral entry. This amount is intended to cover various expenses, including college fees, computer purchases, stationery, books, equipment, software, and more. No additional grants will be provided to cover hostel charges, medical expenses, and similar costs.
- No documentary proof need to be attached for the above while availing benefits.
Criteria of Selection
- Diploma: Candidates will be selected only based on their performance in the qualifying examination to pursue the Technical Diploma course at any of the AICTE approved institutions. This selection can be for either the first year or second year (via lateral entry) and will depend on the percentage of marks obtained in the 10th or equivalent examination.
- Undergraduate (UG): The selection of candidate for Pragati Scholarship will be carried out entirely on the basis of merit of qualifying examination to peruse the Technical Degree course from any of the AICTE approved institutions i.e. in First year or Second year (through lateral entry only) on the basis of percentage of marks obtained in the 10+2/ equivalent examination.
- Pragati Scholarship will be renewed for the next year of study on receipt of renewal through National Scholarship Portal by submitting passing certificate/ marksheet along with letter from the Head of the Institution on the online portal.
- Student failing to get promoted to the next class/ level would be forfeit the scholarship.