UP NMMS Scholarship 2023: The Examination Regulation Authority UP, PNP Prayagraj, is inviting online applications for the UP NMMS Scholarship Examination 2024-25 via the official portal, entdata.co.in. In the current academic session, only students enrolled in Class 8 in government, local body, and non-government aided schools are eligible to apply for the National Income and Merit-Based Scholarship Scheme Examination 2024-25. This scholarship will be granted from Class 9th and will continue until Class 12th, providing an annual amount of Rs 12,000.
In this article, we provide comprehensive information regarding the UP NMMS Scholarship 2023, including application dates, eligibility criteria, application deadline, online application process, application link, scholarship amount, NMMS results, admit card details, the official website, and more. It is advisable to thoroughly review all the details before proceeding with your online application.
Latest Update: UP NMMS Scholarship Registration has been started from 23 August 2023 and last date is upto 28 September 2023.
UP NMMS Scholarship 2023: Overview
|Scholarship Name||National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS)|
|Department||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 12,000 Per Annum|
|Beneficiary||Students of Class 9th to 12th|
|Scholarship Amount||Rs. 12,000/- per annum (Class 09th to 12th)|
|Application Last Date||28 September 2023|
|Application Start Date||23 August 2023|
|Application Last Date||28 September 2023|
|Exam Date||05 November 2023|
|Admit Card Download||Updated Soon|
|Result Declaration||Updated Soon|
Eligibility Criteria for UP NMMS Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for the UP NMMS scholarship, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Students studying in 8th Class in Government, Local body, and Government-aided Schools are eligible for this Scheme.
- The students must have obtained a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in the Class 7th examination to be eligible to appear in the selection test for the award of the scholarship (with a relaxation of 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be enrolled as regular students in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools.
- Parental income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 3,50,000 per annum. A Parental Income Certificate issued by the Chandigarh Administration must be attached to the application form.
- Please note that students enrolled in ‘Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVS)’ and ‘Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV)’ are not eligible for scholarships through the NMMS program.
- For the continuation of the scholarship in higher secondary school, the candidate must score a minimum of 60% marks in the Class 10 board exam.
- To be eligible to continue receiving the scholarship in Class 12, the recipient must have successfully cleared Class 11 on their first attempt with a minimum score of 55% or its equivalent. Students belonging to the SC/ST category are granted a 5% relaxation in marks.
Steps to Apply Online Application For UP NMMS Scholarship 2024-25
- Visit the UP NMMS official website at https://entdata.co.in for Registration. The registration link is mentioned below in the important link section.
- Download the school certificate by entering your registration number and take a printout of it. Then, have it signed by the headmaster/headmistress of your school.
- Upload the following documents:
- Attested/Signature Certificate
- Income certificate of your guardian
- Passport-size clear photograph
- Signature from part (d) of the third step
- Upload the reservation certificate.
- In the final step, take out your final print and keep it safe with you.
- Registered Mobile Number
- Aadhar Card
- Email ID
- Two recent passport-size photographs
- Caste certificate
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Disability status certificate issued by the competent authority
- Photocopy of the Class 7 report card
UP NMMS Examination and Selection Process
The NMMS scholarship program, initiated by the Central Government, is administered independently by each State/Union Territory for their own students. The selection process comprises two assessments: the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The NCERT establishes the guidelines for these tests, which all applicants are required to complete within 90 minutes, except for children with special abilities who are granted additional time. The specifics of the State Level Examination Test are outlined below.
UP NMMS Examination Process:
The examination will be conducted in one session in two parts:
- Part I: comprises a General Mental Ability Test, which includes 90 multiple-choice questions.
- Part II: encompasses an Academic Aptitude Test, which consists of 90 multiple-choice questions, with 35 in Science, 35 in Social Science, and 20 in Mathematics.
- 1) GEN, BC & PH : 40% (36 MARKS)
- 2) SC & ST : 32% (29 MARKS)
- NOTE:The student must Qualify both the tests i.e., Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) with at least 40% marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests.
FAQs of UP NMMS Scholarship 2023
Q: Who are the eligible candidates to apply for the UP NMMS exam?
A: In order to qualify for the NMMS selection test conducted during Class 8 and be considered for the scholarship scheme, students are required to attain a minimum of 55% marks (or 50% for SC/ST candidates) or an equivalent grade in their Class 7 examination. Additionally, the total annual income of the student’s parents or guardian must not exceed ₹3,50,000 from all sources.
Q: What is the exam pattern for UP NMMS Scholarship 2023?
A. The examination will be conducted in a single session divided into two parts:
Part I: General Mental Ability Test, comprising 90 multiple-choice questions.
Part II: Academic Aptitude Test, comprising 90 multiple-choice questions, with 35 in Science, 35 in Social Science, and 20 in Mathematics.
Q: How can I apply online for the UP NMMS Scholarship 2023?
A: Students may submit their applications for the UP NMMS via the official website, entdata.co.in.